dimanche 22 février 2015

My Tree


My Tree is an unreleased track completed in September or October, 1990, at Larrabee Sound, Los Angeles, CA, USA during recording sessions for the New Power Generation maxi-single (during the same set of sessions as the N.P.G. (Funky Weapon Remix), T.C.'s Rap, Tony’s Iggnant Mix, Get Off, The Lubricated Lady, Loveleft, Loveright, a segue later included in the N.P.G. (Funky Weapon Remix), Oobey Doop, Play, Heaven Is Keeping Score, and additional recording on A Positive Place).

It may have been tracked initially at an earlier date, but specific details have not been confirmed. The title stems from a phrase sung by Mavis Staples on New Power Generation (Pt. II) and sampled in the opening of My Tree, where she sings "don't pick my apples, don't pick my peaches, leave my tree alone". The track continues directly into A Positive Place, and simply slows down the music to create a different groove, after pleading by Robin Power at the end of My Tree.

It was included as the ninth track (eighth song) on an October, 1990 configuration of the New Power Generation maxi-single, but was removed from the final release. The song remains unreleased.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire